May 25, 2011

DIY Door hang tags

Are you putting together Out of Town bags for your Wedding guests? If so, you may want to consider adding little finishing touches that are personalized. These sweet little touches are what will be remembered by your guests.

One fun addition to my OOT bags will be door hang tags. I've seen a few brides with these already. They're a fun way to get guests in the mood to party.

To the left you'll see my first test run with front and back of the door hang tags.  At the top of the "greeting side" It reads,

"Welcome to Gloucester"
"We're so glad you could make it! Enjoy your stay!"

What I learned is that you should place your "cut line template" only on one side.  It's extremely hard to match up the "cut line" on the opposite side with the one on the front.

My doorhang tags had to represent my pink and navy blue nautical theme, so I decided to create a Monogram Logo for us.

I combined an anchor with a ship wheel and a pretty font. You can download lots of free fonts from dafont.com and create your own monogramed logo.

Then I created my door hang tags in Adobe Illustrator.  I setup the page to be an 8.5" x 11" page and the template I grabbed from here, which is 3.5" x 8.5.  They also have larger sizes if you want a full sheet door hang tag.  I printed my door hangers on a heavier weight cardstock paper.

I setup the page to print two at a time.  I tried to center the artwork on the page to minimalize an offset print when I went and flipped the paper over to print on the backside.



0 comments:

Post a Comment